The apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has challenged the federal government to tell Nigerians the truth about the proposed set up of a radio station for Fulani herdsmen, and why other radio stations in the country cannot meet the same objective.
The spokesman of the group, Mazi Chuks Ibegbu, in a statement forwarded to DAILY POST on Friday, warned the Federal government to stop any negative tendencies that could raise suspicion or further divide the country.
Ibegbu claimed that the establishment of radio stations has nothing to do with killings and kidnappings by armed Fulani herdsmen.
He said, “The Federal government should also open a Radio station for the pro-Biafra movements, Boko Haram, Shiites and other agitating groups in Nigeria, even for criminals that make life brutish for the people.”
The Ohanaeze spokesman also berated the Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State for weeping over the killings in his state.
“It was the same Governor Masari that has been fighting against the restructuring of Nigeria, a step that will help to end the insecurity in the north.”
Recall that the federal government had confirmed the acquisition of an Amplitude Modulation Radio broadcast licence, to reach herdsmen across various locations in the country.
Dr. Adamu Adamu, the Minister of Education, who stated this in Abuja during an interview with newsmen, said the establishment of the radio frequency was to end the perennial farmers-herders clashes across the country.
- “I challenge you to tell the world what you know about my son’s demise” – Mohbad’s father claps back at son’s wife, Wunm
- Son Arrested For Stabbing Mother To Death In Jigawa (Photo)
- Angry mob sets suspected kidnapper ablaze in Delta
- FG Offers ₦2 Million Bounty For Arrest Of Woman Accused Of Mal.treating Her 10-Year-Old Maid
- 16-year-old British boy takes his own life after being blackmailed by Nigerian scammers over nûde photos
- Jealous 19-Year-Old Girl On The Run After Stabbing Her Boyfriend In Edo
- “Heartbreak Turnaround” – Kai Cenat hosts ’20 Women vs 1 Man’ date for guy whose girlfriend danced with Omah Lay
- MOVIE: Anikulapo: Rise of the Spectre Season 1 | Episode 1 – 6 (Complete)
- Release Nnamdi Kanu. He’s only fighting for his people like me – Sunday Igboho tells Tinubu government
- Breaking News Juventus Star Player Pogba has been Band for 4 year for Doping
- FG Meets NLC, TUC Over Planned Nationwide Protest
- BREAKING!: NLC Begins Nationwide Protest (Photo)
THIS WEEK TRENDING
MUSIC1 week ago
Mp3 Download: Ice Pro Ft. Mackson & Debhie – Carri Body & Pay Attention
VIRAL1 week ago
Davido reacts after Peruzzi threatened legal action against LASU student who made up tweet about him
VIRAL4 days ago
FG Offers ₦2 Million Bounty For Arrest Of Woman Accused Of Mal.treating Her 10-Year-Old Maid
VIRAL5 days ago
Jealous 19-Year-Old Girl On The Run After Stabbing Her Boyfriend In Edo
VIRAL5 days ago
“Heartbreak Turnaround” – Kai Cenat hosts ’20 Women vs 1 Man’ date for guy whose girlfriend danced with Omah Lay
NEWS5 days ago
Qatar Rejects Tinubu’s Proposed Business Meeting
NEWS4 days ago
Judge is removed from the bench after reversing a man’s rape conviction for the brutal assault of a 16-year-old girl
VIDEO6 days ago
Mp4 Video: King Josh – Time (Official Video)
APN Sport TV5 days ago
Super Eagles Vs Argentina Friendly To Be Played In The US On 26th March
ENTERTAINMENT5 days ago
Harrysong forged my signature to defraud my client” – KCee opens up on beef with artist